Monday, August 22, 2011

An experienced life...


Ironic is a word I learned in Middle school, and a word that rings true now that I've been out of College for quite awhile. Why because everything I learned in College seems almost bunk now! Maybe that's pessimistic, or a fact, probably just an opinion, I mean really what does one do with a Creative Writing degree anyway.
It gets me, I have been turned down at jobs simply because I have too much education. Guess I'm not ignorant enough, I even had a lady at A-1 Staffing tell me to leave off a good chunk of my education on applications and resumes. "Wow," I thought at the time, this world is fucked up, I mean wouldn't you want the best candidate for the job, however I've come to realize that employers don't always want the best person for the job. What they want is someone who is compliant, shuts up, and does everything there told without going above and beyond the call of duty. A person who won't try and advance themselves, nor better themselves in anyway at all. Companies are looking for mindless drones to show up on time, take their medication, shut up, toil away behind a PC, or whatever device it may be... And not give a damn about the company they work for. Cause if they did care they might be a threat to upper management...
Granted I don't think I could be a salesman either because I've yet to find a product that I believe in that pays commission... So I'm stuck woes-woes me.
Stop your bitchin' Clayton and get back to work...

No comments:

Post a Comment